Thursday, October 7, 2010

Where to end?

So ... for those of you wondering the photo is of me and my dad Steve, not the sperm donor.
A little while ago when I was living in what I like to call “Hee Haw Hell” (rural Georgia) ... won’t say the city so I can remain politically correct ... for those of you who know me “Kim, politically correct?  Now THAT’S comedy.”  Anyway, living in Hee Haw Hell, Georgia, on the phone with my sister, wishing we were rich.  “Hey, I got an idea, look on one of those sites that lets you know if you have left money somewhere and they are just dying to get it to you”   No dice.  No money for us.  “Hey, how about we look up the sperm donor and see if he has some money?”  Nope, but right there in the Sun Sentinel ..... obituary.  Holy shit .... he’s dead.  Guess it slipped his mind that he was going to get in touch with us and let us know what “really happened.”  Do you think when they found him he had a “To Do” list next to him?
Laundry
Grocery shopping
Get loaded
Call daughters to explain

Yes, I’m sure that was it.
So, I call the funeral home.  They won’t give me any information because I’m not part of the “family”.  But I explain that I am his daughter, nope not on the list.  How about his other daughter?  Nope.  How can I reach one of his family members?  Sorry, can’t help you.  So I said, “Just tell me one thing.  Did he have a to do list in his pocket when they brought him in?”  “No? okay, thank you.”
Now I’m usually not one to dance on a grave, but I read this obit and frankly he’s a jackass.  Married the lady he was screwing around on my mom with ... good for him.  Oh and get this, he adopted HER son.  Yes, the obit told all about what a great father and husband and family man he was.

Now, I don’t expect them to write anything about what a shit head he was, but give me a fucking break.  “Great Father” yeah, to someone else’s child.  What a low down dirty dog, a real piece of work.  “Oh, you know what would be a real good idea?  I’m not going to see or talk to my own kids ever again or pay their mother any money to help keep a roof over their heads.  Some other schmuck can do that.  But I’m going to adopt this other woman’s son and put a roof over his head and raise him.”  “Yes, that’s a good idea.  That’s what I’m gonna do.”  What a moron. 
My mom always said.  “Girls, I don’t think he meant to hurt you.  He was very sad and had a problem with substance abuse and he thought you’d be better off without him.”  Well, “dear old dad”  you were right.  We were better off without you, not that you ever bothered to check.
Now that I have my own children I again find myself saying “Who does that?!”

More to come ...

3 comments:

  1. Kim-
    You are a good writer! I think you will be surprised at the followers that will begin to pop up soon. I look forward to more posts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is from an email my dad sent me. John was the sperm donor.

    "I hit the jackpot. Love you as always. I know John was haunted by what he gave up, regardless of whatever good he eventually had in his life with his second family. I'm really touched by your blog. Thanks Babe"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't God work in mysterious ways! I hope you focus on the positives that came from your sperm donor's pitiful life.....your dad, Steve, is a very special person and God blessed you by placing him in your life! Just imagine how special you must be in God's eyes to receive such a gift!

    By the way......you should be on Last Comic Standing. I know you would win!!

    ReplyDelete